Pages

Sunday, July 9, 2017

The Beauty Around Us

Life as a Peace Corps Volunteers is, at times, hectic. For my first three months, it felt like every moment was scheduled with training. Then I got to site, and it seems as if every moment has been dedicated to language learning, purposeful integration, or taking on any English club I can. It doesn't really feel like I've been in this new country, having this inimitable experience, for 109 days and counting.

A couple days ago, one of my fellow Volunteers pointed out that we are already an eighth of the way done with our service. While it's true there are times when I really miss things at home, that number shocked me. How could we possible be that far in already? Didn't I fly here just a couple weeks ago?

With these feelings of things going by way too fast and things simultaneously feeling incredibly slow sometimes, I decided to figuratively, and maybe a little literally, stop and smell the roses. I started looking around me for the simple beauty. Included in that is looking back at what I've already seen and done here. Maybe I can't describe precisely to you all what that's looked like, but I at least want to show you some of what I've seen. I am living in a stunning country, with breath-taking views around every corner and indescribable nature never more than a few minutes away. The pictures still don't do this amazing place justice, but here are some of my favorites. I invite you all to take a minute out of your busy lives and share this moment with me of enjoying some of the beauty this world has to offer.




Armenia Favorites
If you want to enjoy the pictures in full size, click the middle of the pictures. Otherwise, you can just scroll through using the arrows on the sides.

1 comment: